2012-01-26

new favorite

I think I've mentioned about a million times recently (in my very sparse blog posts) that I've been working out every morning.  It's not easy, but its a routine now... I get up at 5:30am and don some workout wear, grab a big cup of water and head to my basement workout fortress.  I don't have the space or the money for a whole lot of different equipment, so I have some bare essentials and I try to work around that when choosing my exercise routines.
yea, whatever... who cares if all my pics are from Instagram?
My recent most favorite routine (you can ask my friend Ili, who I keep raving about it to) is this boxing workout from Women's Health Magazine.  I love it for 2 reasons: 1- because all I need are some light free weights and a jump rope and 2- because it is KILLER, it works out my whole body and I can feel it working.
Full disclosure: there's not a lot of room in my basement fortress for jumping rope (low ceilings) and my jump rope skillz are not what they were in 5th grade (I was awesome) so instead I tend to sub in running in place, lots of awkward jumping around, and high knees.  Cardio is cardio, right?
Bottom line is, you should try this workout.  It's awesome, it's quick, and you WILL sweat.  Let me know if you go for it!

<3 barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails