2011-06-23

jet cars and the monster mutt

Clearly, that title sounds like all sorts of nonsense... but I assure you, it's not! Over the weekend, PJ and I went down to the Raceway Park Night of Thrills, basically a car racing event with a little bit of everything, and we had an awesome time!


Since it was my first time at the races, PJ insisted I take a picture with a monster truck. Yes, that wheel IS almost as tall as me!



This is a fan favorite, the Monster Mutt! It has a tongue, big floppy ears, and a tail... and it crushes everything in sight!



If you're thinking that looks like a school bus, then you would be right! While this wasn't the most destructive truck, it was pretty funny to watch... how excited would you be to ride a monster truck to school?



I could not believe how high these trucks jumped over the cars! The landings were totally scary, and many wobbled away after the particularly rough hits.



That's what it looks like when a 2 jet cars zoom past you faster than you can take a picture... Wow!



I know this picture is dark, and hard to figure out... But that is a semi truck, with a jet engine... and lots of flames. Not easy to photograph, but I had to share it :-)



I really had no idea what to expect from this event, but thanks to PJ, I had so much fun! I highly recommend an event like this for kids of all ages :-D

<3 barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails