2011-04-09

one.whole.year.

If you've been keeping up with this blog (not hard to do since I post roughly once a week lately), then you're probably familiar with PJ... my boyfriend and musical contributor extraordinaire.  However, I don't think I've ever told the story of how we met, which is probably my favorite story to tell!  I figured that the one year anniversary of our meeting would be a good time to do the telling... so here we go:
It was a Friday night, and I had gone into the city (I was working on Staten Island still) to meet my friend Megan for sushi dinner.  After we ate, we had a few drinks at a bar and parted ways... this put me on about the 10:30 ferry, and then the connecting train on SI, all alone...
As I sat on the train headed home, I laughed at some silly teenagers that were being loud and having fun.  There were a lot of teens on the ferry/train that night, I think there was a concert...  Anyway, I was laughing at them, keeping myself entertained by eavesdropping and texting (as usual), and I kept making eye contact with the guy sitting across from me, who was pretty much doing the same.
When the seat next to me opened up, the aforementioned guy sitting across from me moved to sit closer... and he started talking to me!  Since he was cute, and did't seem to be a total creep (haha) I let the conversation flow.  An excerpt:
B: So what stop do you get off at?
PJ: G stop... you?
B: G stop too!  We must live close to eachother, why don't I know you?  Where did you go to high school?  When did you graduate? (I'm chatty, so sue me)
PJ: I went to S school, I graduated in 2001.
B: Oh, I went to T school... I guess that explains it...
PJ: So where in G town do you live?
B: Near the baseball fields...
PJ: Oh, me too... Do you know any of the Vaccaro's?
B: silence... Um, I AM a Vaccaro!?
And so, we had a connection... PJ went to high school with my cousin who lives nearby, they were really good friends, and ran track together.  He also knew my dad, because my dad used to help out with the track team.  Since being friends with my cousin seemed trustworthy enough, we exchanged phone numbers.  That Sunday we had our very first date!  We went for a run, and then out for diner breakfast... the perfect mix of fun but low-key, and plenty of space for talking.
After that, the rest is history.  We kept going on dates, and by the end of May we were inseparable.  He is, without a doubt, the most special guy I have ever met... and I love him so much more than words could ever say...
This weekend, to celebrate, we are headed to Atlantic City... and we got tickets to see Cirque du Soleil!  I'm so excited!!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend too :-D

<3 barb

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, love your how you met story Barb! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails