2010-10-15

short week = low productivity

Uhhh... HOW IS IT FRIDAY ALREADY?  I just don't know where all the time went this week... well... that's a lie... i do know...
Monday- disappeared when I woke up at 4:30a, in Cleveland to fly back to NYC, and I napped all day... instead of on the plane
Tuesday & Wednesday- lost in a flurry of job application stuff
Thursday- I needed a break... last night I watched some TV, and made Oatmeal Craisin cookies for PJ and my sister
...so now it's Friday, and I didn't even SHOW you anything from last weekend!  I intend to remedy this right NOW...

If you remember, I was working on a very special project before I left for Cleve... they were headbands for Elyse's bridesmaids, some of whom are also my very good friends.  I stressed and strained over them, and I think that they are gorgeous!  You be the judge:
Each one is different, but made with all the same ribbons... I figured it would be nice for all the girls to pick the style that suits them best!  They were a total hit, and I'm soooo happy with them :-)

This one was actually for Elyse.  I had a hard time figuring out the design, but after some helpful suggestions from PJ, it came out awesome!

I love all these headbands, the idea started as a variation on the Juliana Headband, but as you can see these are a big bigger.  I would love to do more projects like this.  Custom headbands, variations on a design for a group.  If you/ your friends would be interested in doing something like this, PLEASE let me know (leave a message in the comments with your email)... like I said, I really enjoyed creating something beautiful for Elyse's special day!

Also, I haven't listed any of these in the shop just yet, but I will let you know when I do.  (I'd like to have maybe some different colors to work with, and make another prototype to photograph/ one for myself!)  I have a strong feeling that the Elyse headband will be appearing in the near future!  If you absolutely CANNOT WAIT... then just head over to my Etsy Shop and request a Custom Item

I think I'll be back later with some pics from the wedding, and from Cleveland adventures... Until then!

<3 barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails