2012-04-05

tagged!

So, I've been tagged in a blog survey!  My sweet friend Patty over at Trail Mix tagged me, making me feel all special and popular (I never get tagged in these things!!)... so I figured I should do my best to make it happen.


Here's how the survey works:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 5 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this.


5 Random Things about Me (I'm adding extra, some other bloggers had 11!):
  1. I am a lipstick addict!  This is new for me, as I only started wearing lipstick about a year ago... but I currently have 5 different colors in my work bag so that I can choose  which to wear at the beginning of the day.  My favorite "formula" is Sephora Rouge Cream, and I have it in both It Girl and Love Test.
  2. I listened exclusively to country music up until I was about 9, when my friends and I were old enough to have our own CDs.  I once shook hands with Garth Brooks, and have a tiny violin signed by Alison Krauss.
  3. When I was in college, I painted not 1, not 2, but 3 ROOMS with stripes.  For 2 rooms, I worked on it with my roomie.  They were awesome, especially if you like the feeling of living in a Tiffany Blue circus tent!
  4. I have almost zero hand-eye coordination - like if you throw something at me, there's a strong chance it will just hit me in the face.  Thankfully, I make up for this by being able to learn dance moves, on the spot, like a pro.
  5. I started skiing when I was 2 years old and switched to snowboarding at about 14.  I don't know what it's like to not know how to ski, which makes me totally useless when people ask me if it's difficult to learn.
  6. My favorite color is purple... it has been purple for as long as I can remember.  Anytime I think I may be moving on to a new color, I just look in my closet and I am reminded that yes, I am a purple person.
  7. I collect rubber duckies.  PJ keeps getting me more, and my collection is slowly taking over my shelves!
  8. I've read the book Little Women twice... and I'd like to read it again.  It's such a long book, but its so worth it.
  9. My favorite perfume is Stella... and I don't know many other people who wear it, but I think its the perfect mix of feminine and edgy - I'm not big on floral scents.
  10. I worked as a lifeguard in high school for 4 years, which is unfortunate, since I sunburn really easily.
  11. We never had pets when I was growing up.  My parents placed a high premium on spur-of-the-moment vacations.  I really never minded when they put it that way... what kid wouldn't want a surprise long weekend at an amusement park?
one of my college rooms... featuring my sister, the model
Patty's 11 Questions for me:
  1. What is your all-time favorite guilty pleasure?  Just 1? Geez.  I love lounging on the couch all day in pajamas and watching TV... usually either something on Netflix or like, the Discovery Channel.
  2. What is your go-to jam-gym-song?  This changes a lot, but lately I just turn on CMT and watch music videos while I work out.  My recent fave to listen to while snowboarding is Florence + the Machine... the whole Ceremonials album.
  3. What is your favorite fashion trend of the season?  Clearly I'm all about lipstick lately, but I'm also loving colorful blazers.  (see below)
  4. Best vacation?  I've been on some awesome vacays; Orlando with my big sis, Spain with my sisters, I even studied abroad in Rome! I've also gone to Nashville and Park City with the fam.  That being said, the trip that PJ and I just took to Mont Tremblant was pretty awesome!  How could I ever pick a favorite?!
  5. Who is the person (dead or alive) you admire the most? My grandmother passed away about a year and a half ago now, and I miss her every day.  Maybe that wasn't really the question, but I really appreciate now how much she loved and cherished her family, and I wish that she could have stuck around forever to see how we have all continued to grow and succeed.  I know that her support and encouragement had an impact on me, and I admire her ability to give her love to me.
  6. Dog or Cat person?   I was never really an anything person, but PJ's cat is my fave little kitty!
  7. Favorite early 90's tv-show?  Full House, hands down.
  8. #1 food you can't stop nom-ing?  I'm a big fan of the trail mix I've got in my drawer right now: peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins, and M&M's... I'm all about the salty/sweet mix
  9. Post-workout splurge?  Splurge?  After a workout, all I want to eat is eggs... like a dozen of them... usually I settle for 2.
  10. Favorite Rom-Com indulgence?  I love pretty much ANY rom-com you sit me down in front of.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would def include Meg Ryan- either Sleepless in Seattle or When Harry Met Sally.
  11. Biggest fear?  That something will happen to one of my loved ones, when I'm not there to do anything about it... something bad... and that's all I'm going to say because it will make me cry.
me and my kitty friend, Chi Chi
My 11 Questions: 
  1. What do you consider your greatest talent?
  2. What is the best thing you've ever eaten?
  3. If money, schooling, or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
  4. What is your favorite book?
  5. What is your signature scent? (perfume or other)
  6. What website do you visit most often?
  7. What would your "last meal" be?
  8. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  9. What do you do to relax/destress/unwind?
  10. Name someone who inspires you and why.
  11. What is your go-to, pick me up music?

Now I know I'm supposed to tag some friends to answer, but I don't have a lot of friends who blog... so here are a few of my favorite bloggers and THEIR posts (FYI, I borrowed some of my questions from their posts)
Katie | Maria | Moorea | Danielle | Liz
Next I'll tag some friends:
Also, if you're reading this and want to participate, let me know and I will add your link!

<3 barb

PS - Here's the link to Patty's post... since this was a while ago.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh such nostalgia for the circus stripes! And I love the red lipstick choices! Gonna have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lipstick colors! I travel with a few shades too...you never know when you'll want to switch it up. ;)

    I don't own Stella, but I really enjoy the scent. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails