2012-01-04

a new year

I think by now just about every other blogger out there has managed to write a 2012 post, but it generally takes me a few days to figure out what I'm doing with a new year.  I'm feeling really positive about this year; I enjoy what I'm doing at work, I've already signed up for a class (because I'm nerdy and I love to learn), and I have so much love and support from PJ, my family, and my friends.
this morning... 
I don't think I've had New Years Resolutions since I was about 10 years old and we had to write them out and illustrate them for school (or something similarly awesome), but I do have a few goals for this year:
  1. Work out 5 days a week. I know, I know, this is everyone's goal... But shouldn't we ALL be trying to be more healthy?  When I break a sweat, even if it's for only for 20 minutes, not only do I feel more focused throughout my day, I feel beautiful and confident too! 
  2. Be more positive.  Starting the day with a workout already puts a good spin on my day, but it's easy for all of us to fall into patterns of negativity. I'm going to try to cut back on my complaining and focus on things that are going well for me, no more Mr. Grumpy Gills.
  3. Save my pennies. I've been living at home since college to save money, but admittedly some of the $$ I should be saving goes straight to ALDO or Starbucks. Honestly, I don't need any more shoes (don't give me that look) and I sure don't need a 500 calorie latte. I'm pretty good at saving, but I know I could be better, and won't it be nice to have that money in the future?
I know that at times it will be hard to follow through with these; I have bad days and weak moments just like everyone else, but the more I push myself to adjust my lifestyle and way of thinking with these small changes, the better off I'll be.


Cheers!
<3 barb 


PS- PJ is starting to blog about his journey to back to fitness... go show him some love!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, Barb! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks babe... i have a new post at 5:21 which will be nice and embarrassing for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, yet requires so much resolve! Good luck with the resolutions!!

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails