2013-05-20

under construction

I'm not really sure what I'm planning to do with this space yet. I have some ideas, I know what type of look I like, but I don't always have all of the "tools" at hand to do what I really want. I'm taking a web design class this summer as a part of my certificate program at Parsons, which should be done by the end of the year. I'm hoping that it will be what I need to gain a little more confidence in my limited web design skills - and to make this blog look like a cool place to hang out!

In other news of things under construction - I finally started an online portfolio! I'll be adding things in a little at a time, and I really hope to get myself out in the world as a designer. You can see I've been doing some fun work for my friends here and there, and I would love to do more of it.


Most recently, I worked on a logo and wordmark design for my friends new fitness company - you can see the design on his recently-launched blog. (oh hi shameless plug - go like him on facebook while you're at it!)

Anyway, that's what I'm up to around here. I also realize I've neglected to tell the story of how we got engaged! But that's for another post, in the hopefully near future :-)

<3 barb="" p="">
PS - can someone who is good with code tell me why code hates the typed heart symbol? because I'd really like it to work properly. thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just found your blog through the Alpha Gam Network thing. I'm starting out too and all the design stuff can be tricky. I used the headfirst books to give me an overview of HTML and CSS. You don't really need to learn it, in this day and age, BUT it helped me make my site look the way I wanted it to.

    BUT I am definitely still learning and have a long way to go!

    I can't wait to see what you do with your site!

    My site URL is:

    http://www.honeysuckleandlace.com

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails