2012-04-20

good morning

This morning, I hit the snooze twice (oops!)... I meant to do my usual morning workout, but by the time I got up, I was out of time for that. I got up anyway, and noticed it looked pretty bright outside... Could I squeeze in a quick run? The answer was yes, I could!
By the time I pulled it together, I was left with about 15 minutes to run. So, yea, VERY quick run. My iPod and iPhone were both dead, so I grabbed my watch and busted out the door with only the music in my head to keep me company.
I can't really describe the excitement I felt to run out the door, I probably started out a little too fast. Once I settled into my pace and decided I felt good, my brain said "how do I maximize this workout?". The answer: pick-ups, 5 of them, in the middle of the run. I'd call them sprints, but I don't think I've ever been fast enough to call anything I do "sprinting".
In short, it was awesome. I'm on my way to work and I feel energized, awake, and happy. I know that once I get to work the stress of the day will set in, but today is off to a great start.
I'm really glad I got outside this morning, breathed in some fresh air, and had the streets pretty much to myself. There's just nothing like a good run in the morning to make you feel like the healthiest, happiest version of yourself!

<3 barb

PS- sorry for no pictures; like I said, this run was technology free!

1 comment:

  1. Love those types of mornings. So refreshing :)

    I hope you've been doing ok. Thoughts and prayers with your family, Barb!

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails