2012-04-10

crazy person

If you've been reading this blog longer than 5 minutes, you know that to get to work I take a train, a boat, and a subway.  It's a long commute.  If you know ME at all, or happen to see me in transit, you will know that this commute has the potential to drive me completely insane.
I know what you're thinking - but you take a BOAT, isn't it so lovely and peaceful?  Umm... sometimes yes, but many times no.  For example, sometimes in the morning I sit 3 feet away from someone listening to Nicki Minaj, at full volume, with 1 earplug hanging out blasting it to the world.  I like Nicki Minaj just as much as anyone else, but at 8am I don't want to hear anyone's music but my own.  Sometimes I don't want to hear ANYTHING at all.
Wouldn't it be awesome if this earbud worked? 
This problem used to be easily solved by my handy dandy earplug headphones, which blocked out all sounds and were exactly what I needed to zone out during my commute.  But they are now totally shot.  I used to be able to jiggle the plug and wrap it in place to keep the sound coming out of both earpieces, but that's not even working anymore.  Sadface.
Anyway, it's time for a new pair of headphones... you know, to save my sanity.  I'm thinking maybe these (more $$) or these (less$$).  I'd like some in-ear, noise-isolating ones, with in-line mic and volume controls... for all the fancy phone calls I make ;-)
Does anyone have a pair of headphones they love and would recommend?  I'm at the end of my rope here!

<3 barb

PS - If you want to see what it really looks like to commute in NYC, check out this article.  It's not very glamorous at all

2 comments:

  1. skull candy makes amazing headphones for about 50 bucks i swear by mine they are perfect no mic for phone calls though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb, what a huge commute. You must really love your job!!! I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails