2010-08-14

looking up!

This week did not get off to a good start, as I'm sure you could tell from my lack of treasury; lack of wanting beautiful dresses, shoes, etc; desperate cries for help.  Thankfully, it ended better than it started!  I have a big announcement to make, but first, I'm going to give you my list of 4 Simple Goals (before 2011)... as suggested by Miss Elsie of Red Velvet Art :-)

(image via Elsie)

1- Take more pictures of everyday life... I just feel like I am going to want to remember these moments, so why not take lots of pictures? I've already been trying to do this, as you can see by some of the pics I've been sharing, but I think this is a really good one (this is one of Elsie's too!)
2- Sketch more... When I was little, I drew everything, all the time.  I don't really do it anymore, but I wish that I did... since I know that the more you sketch the more comfortable it becomes to do.  And I think it'll be a really good way to keep track of my ideas for fun projects and new designs
3- Take Bands & Bows to the next level... I really love making things, especially my headbands, but so far it hasn't really taken off.  So, its time for me to really be more active with marketing and push myself to really make this a business that works for me (PJ has also told me that this is necessary)
4- Stress less and Stay focused... This is huge for me, I easily crumble into a stress mess and lose all focus and drive.  It's pretty miserable, and I don't want to do it to myself anymore!  So I'm going to keep running (literally) to keep my stress low, and try to look at the bright side of everything so that I can keep moving forward :-)

If you're blogging too, go check out Elsie's post to see her goals, maybe see Chelsea's too, and then make your own list (and share the link to it in the comments here)!  You'll feel great when you challenge yourself, I promise :-)

...and now, my announcement!
I'm going to be selling my headbands and some other accessories LIVE and IN PERSON at the Richmond County Fair over Labor Day Weekend!  

It is only 4 weeks away, and I don't really keep any inventory, so this will be a challenge, and it definitely coincides with goal #3.  It's my first time selling at a fair, and I'm super excited... so I will totally keep you posted on my progress as I complete work and build up a nice assortment to sell!

Now I need to go back to making some headbands... obviously!

<3 barb

1 comment:

  1. What's the packaging going to be at the faire? Tissue paper nd a little bag?

    ReplyDelete

remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails